Terms and Conditions
By entering My Leeds in Focus photography competition you hereby accept the Terms and Conditions of the competition rules listed below. Leeds Community Foundation reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules and terms at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted via this web page.
- The competition opens on 9 July 2015 and finishes at 5 pm BST on 11 September 2015.
- The category and overall winner’s details will be published on the website.
- The competition is open to all non-professional photographers [resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands Isle of Man]. A non-professional photographer does not get paid for their work.
- Young people under the age of sixteen will need to confirm their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the competition. Confirmation can be confirmed through Facebook application or website entry form.
- You must gain consent from any person/s who appear in submitted photographs. By submitting your photograph you are confirming you have the require permission.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted via the Facebook competition application or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Image files must be no bigger than 5MB in size. Entrants should include their own name, email address and telephone number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- Three entries are allowed per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Photographs that are obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or which otherwise violate any local or international laws, will not be accepted.
- No entry is to have been previously used in a competition.
- The judges ‘decision shall be final in deciding whether the picture breaches the preceding 2 sections and they shall have absolute authority and discretion to act upon their findings including excluding the picture from the competition.
- You must be the sole owner and author of each entry.
- No entry may infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
- Your entry must not include anything which may be seen as advertising for a third party.
- No entrant will be entitled to any financial reward, compensation or equivalent.
- Thirteen entries will be shortlisted and showcased as part of a projection at Light Night in Leeds on 9 October.
- Actor voice overs will read your accompanying photo statement as part of the Light Night showreel.
- Photographers’ names will be referenced and thanked as part of showreel.
- Photographs may appear in an exhibition later in 2015.
- The top two entries will win a photography mentoring session with photographers Jonathan Turner and Peter Mitchell. Winner must access sessions before December 2015. Sessions will be organised and confirmed via Leeds Community Foundation.
- All entries submitted will be judged blind. This means that no names will be shown to judges during the judging process.
- Entrants who are shortlisted will be contacted and informed that their image will feature as part of Light Night.
- The final judging will be undertaken by a panel of artists, photographers and sponsors and the pictures shall be judged for their clarity and how well they meet the competition guidelines.
- The judges’ decision is final in all matters and they will not enter in to communication on any matter relating to the competition .
- Entrants shortlisted to appear in Light Night will be notified by email on or before 23 September 2015.
- The winners’ name may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Leeds Community Foundation, 51a St Paul’s Street, Leeds, LS1 2TE.
- The prizes as described are available. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Leeds Community Foundation and accordingly the Leeds Community Foundation may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Leeds Community Foundation as a result thereof.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to publication of photographs in all media formats in print and online, without fee, whilst retaining rights.
- The photographer keeps the copyrights and all other rights of submitted competition images.
- Where possible any image used by Leeds Community Foundation will carry the photographer’s name.
- All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by Leeds Community Foundation for marketing and promotional purposes for three years and the entrant may not claim any monetary compensation.
- The entrant agrees to participate in related publicity and to the use of their name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation as decided by Leeds Community Foundation.
- Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Leeds Community Foundation to feature any or all of the submitted pictures in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.