We work together with partners to create positive change with the communities that need it most, by investing funding and expertise to build a better future now.
By investing in The 100 Club, supporters enable the Foundation to become increasingly resilient, boosting its grant making role.
Take a look at our open and upcoming grants programmes to get a sense of the types of grant you can apply for.
Our GiveBradford campaign helps businesses and individuals give back to the place in which they live and work.
A Message from Kate Hainsworth, CEO, Leeds Community Foundation and GiveBradford
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The Foundation supports thousands of charities and voluntary groups across the city, addressing inequalities and working together to help create opportunities for those that need help the most.
All of us at Leeds Community Foundation are delighted to be working shoulder to shoulder with partners in Leeds and Bradford, across sectors, and with fellow funders, to provide a joined up provision for those we can support who need it the most.
- Providing food for families most at risk.
- providing running costs/support for community groups that in normal times are thriving and able to support their community, but with the effects of the public health emergency, are facing collapse.
This means we have worked really quickly to:
- Set up the Leeds Community Foundation and GiveBradford Resilience Fund to support the resilience of our local community sector colleagues. We have repurposed funds and opened a campaign to support to the wider community sector. Please visit virginmoneygiving.com/fund/LeedsResilienceFund and virginmoneygiving.com/fund/BradfordResilienceFund for details of how to donate.
- Redesign the time scales for some elements of our annual Healthy Holiday programme. This releases funds now to short up local authority efforts to ensure the most vulnerable are fed. We will release further details once they are fully confirmed. We are very grateful to the applicants to this programme who have been patient in awaiting these necessary steps. Anyone seeking to support this work, please email email@example.com.
We have also been working closely with and are grateful to our current fund holders and donors for their flexibility in the face of this national emergency, which has allowed us to:
- extend deadlines,
- postpone programmes, or
- repurpose their funds to meet the current need.
From all of us at Leeds Community Foundation and GiveBradford, we hope to keep you updated and provide some reassurance and guidance in working together to ensure we can all continue to support our local communities and help those that need it the most.
What we do.
Leeds Community Foundation supports thousands of charities and voluntary groups across the city, addressing inequalities and working together to help create opportunities for those that need help the most.
We invest in these groups by distributing grants and sharing advice – acting as a catalyst for positive change. Leeds Community Foundation relies on the generosity of individuals, businesses and public sector organisations to help local people to gain the support they need now, while investing in a brighter future for all.
Our Impact 2018/2019
number of grants
average grant size
Our NewsKeep up to date with our news, events and opportunities.
“Cooking club set me a goal to start doing things again, it made me feel important and valued.”read more
Leeds Community Foundation have launched a fund to support charities and community groups across
Leeds that are experiencing exceptional difficulties operating as a result of the National Emergency
measures resulting from COVID-19
GiveBradford have launched a fund to support charities and community groups across Bradford that are
experiencing exceptional difficulties operating as a result of the National Emergency measures resulting from